Friday, September 16, 2011

school's cool...before i forget!

so the start of school has gone fantastically!!!  i was starting to get stressed about my future kindergartener and preschooler until the first day of school when they went running in to their classes and never looked back.  grandma stayed with C and i had asked Russ to meet us at school.  pregnancy hormones and the chance of having two unwilling to go to school and I really wanted some back-up...happily, it was completely unwarranted but still nice to have hime there!  I have been thrilled with the school and teachers and feel like my girls are thriving.  Amen!!

they are both in afternoon school so we have our mornings to take it easy (which is a good thing for us), run an errand, play, whatever.  By 11:30 it's time to start thinking about lunch and getting ready for school.  Off we go to school for the big girls and C and I head home so she (we) can nap for a couple hours before it's time to pick everyone up...not too exciting but it's nice to have a schedule :)




a few funny stories about miss j...

a couple of weeks into school j told me about how during story time a little boy would leave her alone and kept trying to tickle her so finally she turned around and gave him her "mad face" (good lord) and that after she kept trying to get him to stop....and i quote..."mom, i had had ENOUGH!" (heaven help me).  uh...j, what did you do next???  "i raised my hand i told mrs. s and she told him to stop and apologize!!!"  great.

yesterday was our first early dismissal day so afternoon kindergarten goes in the morning and stays through lunch. it was a bit different for us and j walked into school by herself for the first time.  i saw the new principal at the main entrance so i figured she would be well taken care of....after pick up we were talking and j says..."mom, my principal says whenever she sees me I just make her day!"  i bet you darlin'...i just bet you do :)

No comments: