Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Three...

My 2nd baby girl turned 3 last week.  It is so hard for me to imagine her becoming more of a "kid" than a "toddler"...but she's running towards that direction so I best hurry and keep up with her :)

My Elle Belle was born August 19th, two days after her due date, in which I basically forced this baby to be born.  On a Sunday morning I decided she was cooked and we were going to meet this little peanut.  We went to the hospital where my L&D nurse took one look at me and said, "wow!!  you're huge!"  I am not kidding.  Is that what any 9-month pregnant woman wants to hear???  My E was born 8 hours later weighing in at a whopping 10 lbs. even.  A healthy little girl :)

We brought this baby girl home and we had a one and a half year old and a newborn baby and I didn't know how I was going to do it...what I found out was that God blessed us with one of the easiest newborns I've known.  I kid you not when I say this sweet baby slept the first 4 months of her life.  And when she wasn't sleeping she was happy!  She was a good sleeper, good eater, she was my prayers answered.  We cruised through the next year as the girls grew and flourished...and then my sweet E developed her very own personality :)



Today there are parts of this little girl that completely surprise me and there are parts of her that are me reincarnated.  She has the sweetest, most pure voice and is quite the talker.  She is truly easy to please.  She is so grateful for the smallest prize, treat, kiss, you name it.  For her birthday she wanted a cookie cake with pink and sprinkles.  So I ordered a cookie cake with pink and sprinkles.  We go to pick it up and the baker opens the box to show her.  E sees her cookie cake with pink and sprinkles, looks up at the baker and with all sincerity says, "Oh Thank You...It's just perfect"...and my heart melts.  She asks if someday she can ride a horse and I say, "We can do that someday" and she says "Oh Thank you Mommy, Thank you!!"  Not when, how, why not now...just thank you. 

And then there's the little bit of stinker in her that makes her E.  Getting in trouble doesn't bother her.  Her older sister gets in trouble and immediately starts crying and the 'I'm sorries"...little E gets in trouble and looks at you like "bring it...what's the worst you can do"...she plays independently for hours and hours and can get caught up in her pretend world.  There are days when I'm not allowed to call her by her name because she is "MOM"   She is STUBBORN.  She is determined to be one of the big kids.  I like to think that as she grows up she will be immune to peer pressure and will think for herself.  She will want something and nothing will be able to stop her.  She will be a go-getter :)

And just to remember that she's 3....she's scared of bugs in the car and will cover her eyes and scream until you stop the car and get rid of it - doesn't matter if it's on the inside or outside of the car....she's scared of car washes...she's past being scared of big dogs but little dogs, well, don't even think about it...one of her favorite sayings "good save mom, good save"....she is my early riser and will stand next to the bed staring until you can feel someone watching you (it's her)....she is fantastic at driving a Power Wheels car - turning, reversing, 3-point turns, you name it....she will never forget the time I fell in a pothole while holding her - I swear this little girl watches where I step better than I do...she loves her sisters and so far enjoys being stuck in the middle :)






She is my Elle Belle.  

I love you sweet girl and can not wait to see how you grow this coming year!!!  (P.S. I am hoping you grow out of your fear of bugs and car washes :))  XOXOXO

No comments: