Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Crack Goes the Clavicle - Or Not...

Last night after dinner I ran up to the store and Russ stayed home with the girls.  Nothing out of the ordinary - they were on a walk when I drove out of the neighborhood.  45 minutes I returned home to find one asleep (like she should have been), one in the tub (like she should have been), and little E crashed out on our bed....huh.?!?!?!  "What happened to her?" I ask.  J lets me know they were doing log rolls down the neighbor's yard when E started crying that her shoulder hurt.  Cried herself to sleep, in fact.  Great.  No biggie.  Already struggling trying to hold down the fort while I recover from my gallbladder surgery.  Sure, we can take on an injured shoulder.

And then she's up half the night crying over a hurt shoulder.  So a quick visit to the Dr. this morning and an order for x-rays looking for a broken clavicle and ..... whew.  All is good.  Just a bad sprain.  She's in a sling as it seems to help with the discomfort but otherwise she should be all good. 

Quite a year I tell ya...it seems like we have had just enough to go wrong to change up some plans, but thankfully nothing bad enough to be of great concern.  Amen.

She's lovin' life today....let's say she gets her grumpy face from her dad :)



No comments: